In order to drop off an application, you must first make an appointment following the link below.
Appointments will be scheduled Monday, Thursday, and Friday, from 8:30am to 2:30pm and Wednesday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. No applications will be accepted without an appointment.
In order for Ohio residents to obtain a concealed carry license they must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicant must have received a Certificate of Competency within 3 years prior to date of application, covering the training requirements OR documentation that evidences that the applicant is an active or reserve member of the US Military, has been honorably discharged from the US Military, or a retired law enforcement officer and through participation in above employment the applicant has acquired experience in handling handguns, in which that experience is equivalent to the necessary training requirements.
- Applicant must have been discharged from the military within the past 10 years
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check and mental competency check.
- Applicant must have a passport sized color photo attached to the application, which have been taken within 30 days of application date.
- Applicant must attest that they have read the pamphlet provided by the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (PTC) as specified, and also attest that the handgun shall be carried for a lawful purpose.
- Applicant must pay a non-refundable fee at the time of application by cash or money order made payable to Delaware County Sheriff’s Office.
Applicant MUST present the following at the time of application:
- Completed application.
- A color passport sized photo of applicant, which have been taken within 30 days of application.
- Valid Driver’s License or State I.D..
- An original or photocopy of a certificate of competency of a firearms safety, training, re-qualification or firearms safety instructor course, class, or program or supporting documentation of equivalent experience.
- If applicant were mentally incompetent, they must provide documentation showing that they were restored.
- Applicant must provide court documentation granting relief from disability, if prohibited from having a weapon under ORC Section 2923.125
- Applicants must submit to having fingerprints electronically scanned or inked and rolled onto a card.
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check.
Please DO NOT bring firearms with you!