We are hopeful we can begin accepting Special Event requests in the next few months. We continue to monitor COVID cases/statistics throughout Central Ohio. You may complete the form below with your request for this summer/fall, although we will not be in a position to approve/take action on your request until June 1st. Thank you for understanding.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office will be happy to participate in your special event or come speak about a specific topic.
We are available to come to your school, church, non-profit, business, or any group to share safety tips, teach crime prevention, and much more! We respectfully ask you first read and agree to the following few guidelines before making your request. There is no charge for this service. Thank you for contacting us.
1) Request must be submitted 30 days prior to the event. This allows our Office to ensure adequate staffing and resources are in place so as to not disrupt law enforcement service.
2) Event must occur in Delaware County. We may consider an event outside of the County if request is being made by a Delaware County resident AND the majority of attendees are from Delaware County.
3) The request should be educational in nature and related to law enforcement/public safety.
4) All requests will be subject to the Sheriff’s approval.
Please Note: it is our intention to honor as many requests as possible, although we cannot guarantee every request that meets the above guidelines will be honored. Manpower and other resources will impact our ability to meet all requests.
Ideas for presentations or demonstrations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- K-9 deputies or Mounted/equine deputies
- Stranger Danger
- Self-defense for kids
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention
- Bullying Prevention
- Gun Safety
- Internet Safety
- Elder Fraud/ID Scams
- Neighborhood Block Watch
- Active Intruder Safety Training
- Commercial Building Security Assessment
For questions contact Community Relations at email@example.com or (740) 833-2817
Make Your Request
Please provide at least a 3-week advance notice of your event.