EFFECTIVE MAY 21st
It was great while it lasted, but the Sheriff’s Office is no longer able to support birthday parade requests. During the Stay-at-Home order, our volume of calls for service was lower, and we enjoyed being able to participate in children’s birthday parades. But our call volume has steadily increased and we are no longer in a position to fulfill these requests. If you currently have a birthday parade scheduled with us, we WILL honor your request.
We thank the community for allowing us to interact with your children in this unique and special way during the COVID pandemic, and we appreciate everyone’s understanding why we can no longer sustain it.
Also, we are still not yet taking any special event requests, but we evaluate this often and will post any updates here.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office will be happy to participate in your special event or come speak about a specific topic.
We are available to come to your school, church, non-profit, business, or any group to share safety tips, teach crime prevention, and much more! We respectfully ask you first read and agree to the following few guidelines before making your request. There is no charge for this service. Thank you for contacting us.
1) Request must be submitted 30 days prior to the event. This allows our Office to ensure adequate staffing and resources are in place so as to not disrupt law enforcement service.
2) Event must occur in Delaware County. We may consider an event outside of the County if request is being made by a Delaware County resident AND the majority of attendees are from Delaware County.
3) The request should be educational in nature and related to law enforcement/public safety.
4) All requests will be subject to the Sheriff’s approval.
Please Note: it is our intention to honor as many requests as possible, although we cannot guarantee every request that meets the above guidelines will be honored. Manpower and other resources will impact our ability to meet all requests.
Ideas for presentations or demonstrations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- K-9 deputies or Mounted/equine deputies
- Stranger Danger
- Self-defense for kids
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention
- Bullying Prevention
- Gun Safety
- Internet Safety
- Elder Fraud/ID Scams
- Neighborhood Block Watch
- Active Intruder Safety Training
- Commercial Building Security Assessment
For questions contact Kandace Gay at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 833-2834
Make Your Request
Please provide at least a 3-week advance notice of your event.