The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office will be happy to participate in your special event or come speak about a specific topic.
This free service is available to schools, churches, non-profits, businesses, any groups — just ask! We respectfully ask you first read and agree to the following few guidelines before we consider your request. There is no charge for this service. Thank you for contacting us.
1) Request must be submitted 30 days prior to the event. This allows our Office to ensure adequate staffing and resources are in place so as to not disrupt law enforcement service.
2) Event must occur in Delaware County. We may consider an event outside of the County if request is being made by a Delaware County resident AND the majority of attendees are from Delaware County.
3) The request should be educational in nature and related to law enforcement/public safety.
4) All requests will be subject to the Sheriff’s approval.
Please Note: it is our intention to honor as many requests as possible, although we cannot guarantee every request that meets the above guidelines will be honored. Manpower and other resources will impact our ability to meet all requests.
Ideas for presentations or demonstrations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- K-9 deputies or Mounted deputies
- Stranger Danger
- Elder Fraud/ID Scams
- RadKIDS self-defense for kids
- Self-Defense Classes for Women
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention
- Bullying Prevention
- Gun Safety
- Internet Safety
- Bus/Bike/Pedestrian Safety
- Neighborhood Block Watch
- Active Intruder Safety
For questions contact email@example.com or (740) 833-2824
Make Your Request
Please provide at least a 3-week advance notice of your event.