The Sheriff’s Office recognizes the need and importance to educate and empower women in Delaware County to reduce their risk of victimization. The Rape, Aggression, Defense (RAD) program is typically offered four times a year. RAD is a nationally recognized program that is designed specifically for women. Deputies who are RAD certified lead the 8-hour course, which is taught over 2 consecutive Saturday mornings (4 hours each from 8am – Noon). These free sessions are hands-on, including instruction, demonstration, and role-playing. Women will get to put their newfound knowledge to the test at the end of the session.
Registration for each session begins approximately three weeks prior, at which time the registration form will appear below.
Session #1: February 5th & 12th Class is Full/Registration has Closed.
Session #2: April 2nd & 9th Class is Full/Registration has Closed.
Session #3: August 6th & 13th
Session #4: October 8th & 15th
- Class locations vary by each session.
- Class size is limited, and fill up quickly.
- Must be 13 years or older (parental permission required for teens).
- Gym clothes/sweats and tennis shoes are encouraged.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail with further details.
For more information, contact Kirsten at email@example.com or 740-833-2834