Safety Town is a program of the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office and is for children going into kindergarten or first grade who reside in Delaware County. Eight sessions will be offered throughout summer 2020, and the dates, times, and locations are posted in the box below.
- The online APPLICATION process begins on April 6th, 2020 at 8AM, when applications will become available via our website – on this page. ONLY online applications will be accepted.
- Each session is limited to 65 students and there is a $25 participation fee (limited amount of scholarships are available). NO money is due until your child has been accepted into the program.
- Safety curriculum include: strangers, drugs, bicycle, animals, car seat, water, etc. The program is run by our School Resource Officers and Community Relations Department. Additional subject matter experts also help teach the children.
- The online VOLUNTEER process begins on March 6th, 2020 and volunteers must be entering 8th grade or higher to qualify.
- Volunteers must commit to at least one full week. Volunteers may apply for as many sessions as they like.
- Volunteers are required to attend a mandatory informational meeting – date to be announced later.
- Volunteers age 18 and older are required to pass an FBI/BCI background check prior to the start of Safety Town. This free background check can be obtained ONLY at the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office jail location, at 844 US Highway 42 North, Delaware, OH 43015, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 2:00pm.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org